About Me

My photo
Dougherty, Iowa, United States
Hi, I live in the boonies in Iowa on a hobby farm.I am a Cancer survived of almost 20 years, I am blessed with 5 children and so far 4 granddaughters and one due anytime now. And one grandson. I was recently married in Oct. 2010 to my longtime sweetie John. I have many passions being an Aries ;) But yorkies would be top of my list ! I pride my self in breeding to the best of my abilities and raising healthy,happy yorkies. I Love art and taking pictures. The year 2011 is going to be a great year and the beginning of the rest of life.....To bad it took me almost 50 years to get to this point ! But hey at least I got here:)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

shades of grey: parents are people too

shades of grey: parents are people too: "parents are people too
'PROMISE TO MY CHILDREN ....I WILL stalk you, freak out on you, lecture you, drive you crazy, be your nightmare, embarrass you in front of your friends, hunt you down like a bloodhound until the day you understand why I do it. Then I will know you are a responsible adult. All because I LOVE YOU! You will never find someone who loves you & cares about you more than I do!!' (traveling facebook post)
a parent's job is to parent
a child's job is to push limits
ours, yours, their own
that makes me the heavy
that makes me the bitch
I know
I'm not wearing an 'L' on my forehead

what about that scarlet letter?
do you enjoy the reputation you are creating
from your lack of indiscretion
and false sense of power?
entitled to live here
entitled to eat here
entitled to drive our vehicles,
to change house rules at your leisure...
think again kiddo.


house guest
roommate
sibling
spouse
whoever
wherever
exude dignity and behave respectfully
your parents taught you
your conscious tells you
your peers influence you
remember who you are
who you are
you




created by ~L on 7/25/2010 topics: family, love, parenting, poetry"

No comments:

Post a Comment